The Story Of A Young Artist - Aegis 2.0 "Believer" Mask
Lily came to us with a concept for a mask design. What made her request so unique was that she wanted to donate all of the proceeds from this mask to a charity of her choice. At Renegade GK we believe in partnerships of all kinds and thought what a better way to help Lily achieve her goals but more importantly help Lily impact the world even at such a young age. We don't believe limits should exist purely because of the age of a passionate individual and have partnered with Lily to make this happen. We are pleased to now offer, in limited quantities, the special edition Aegis 2.0 "BELIEVE" Mask. The Believe mask is one of 10 masks offered in our Aegis mask series that are now available for purchase.
We are proud to announce that all of the proceeds from the Aegis Believer mask will be donated to the First Responders Children's Foundation, the charity of Lily's choice. We would encourage you and even other brands to take part in donating if you're able in the event you may not be in need of a mask. Every amount helps.
It’s Not Just The Smart Thing To Do, It’s The Right Thing
July 14, 2020 Press Release - “CDC calls on Americans to wear masks to prevent COVID-19 spread”. Why the change in policy? Evidence is mounting that properly wearing a well-designed and fitting face mask is highly effective in preventing the spread of COVID-19 when universally adopted. In other words, wearing a mask is not just about protecting yourself and your family. It’s about the greater good and protecting others.
All Reusable Face Masks Are Not Created Equal
As the video demonstrates, there's big difference between a loose-fitting and well-fitting face mask. The Aegis 2.0 form-fitting performance mask has been designed with several important features that increase its effectiveness when compared to other masks.
- Two Layer Construction - The outer layer and inner layers are constructed from polyester microfiber performance fabric, which is moisture-wicking and quick-dry.
- Form Fitting Design - The two-panel contoured structure improves fit and minimizes air-leak by wrapping under the chin.
- Adjustable Nose Wire – This helps to prevent air leakage around the nose and eyes, which is common with masks that do not have a nose wire.
- Adjustable Ear Straps – The adjustable elastic ear loops include silicone cord lock fasteners to ensure a secure and comfortable fit.
- Insertable PM2.5 Filter – The optional activated carbon PM2.5 filters are highly effective at capturing particulates as small as 2.5 microns.
- Microbe-Guard™ – All Aegis 2.0 masks are treated with BioSpear’s Antimicrobial Protectant.
The outer layer and inner layers of the Aegis 2.0 mask with Microbe-Guard™ are both treated with Biospear Antimicrobial Protectant to reduce bacteria causing odor and protect the integrity of the mask.
- BioSpear™ eliminates 99.9% of all bacteria, fungi, mold and viruses that come in contact with a treated surface (click here for more information)
- Provides long-term residual protection for up to 90 days
- 24/7 on-going residual anti-microbial protection and odor control
- Non-toxic, non-leaching and hypoallergenic with no VOC’s
- EPA registered & active ingredient FDA approved
Click HERE for more information on Microbe-Guard™ with BioSpear™ including EPA registration information.
The Aegis 2.0 mask is designed to be worn with or without the added PM2.5 filter depending on the wearers needs. The included PM2.5 filter may be inserted into the filter slot for additional protection. Replacement filters can be purchased online through other retailers. Remember to remove the PM2.5 filter before washing, which can be done by hand or using a washing machine.
If you would like to purchase a donation mask, you pay a reduced rate and we both share the costs of donating locally to our first responders and medical personnel. The donated mask will not be shipped to customers and will donate on your behalf. Click HERE to purchase an Aegis 1.0 Donation Mask.
Click HERE for additional information on workmanship guarantee, washing & care instructions, warnings for use, as well as other COVID-19 and face mask resources.
Disclaimer: In accordance with the EPA regulations in 40 CFR 152.25(a) and FIFRA, Renegade GK does not make any explicit or implied public health claims against pathogenic organisms. All MICROBE-GUARD treatments are designed to protect the article itself.
Video shows how air flows without face masks vs. various types of face coverings (NIST)